Pancakes

Pancakes

The best explained recipe for pancakes  on the net - it works for beginners, and everything is done in 20 minutes! In addition, there is advice on how to choose a really good pan for pancakes , because it is as important as the recipe. With a good pan and this recipe - success is guaranteed!


I don’t know if I prefer to eat them or make them, or enjoy watching others eat them. And I don't mind when they give me a compliment;)

Only when the compliments start pouring in, and I get a rating from a hundred pages that the pancakes are perfect, then I'm a little uncomfortable.

Because ...

It's not up to me.

It's up to the recipe!

For perfect pancakes, you also need a perfectly precise and clear recipe.

I miss those stories "I always feel, and they turn out great". That is possible, of course. But what the hell is FEELING? In order to gain a feeling, and maybe even approximately, you must have a certain experience. And the experience can be gained over the years, through many "felt" pancakes, or in a couple of weeks, through three or four iterations made with a reliable recipe, such as the one that follows.

And yes.

There is that famous myth that the first pancake never succeeds. And this is comfortably claimed by women after decades of experience, that the first pancake in the series is not good and splits. But that's like ok, because it's just a matter of some (im) balance between the stars, so ...?!

I’ve been making pancakes for 20+ years and I’ve never thrown away a single “first” pancake.

But it was never difficult for me to take out the scales and put the wang on it, instead of just taking out the wang and putting it on the working part. So even after I don't know how many thousands of baked pieces, I still  always make pancakes to measure. 

In fact, pancakes are one of the few recipes I know by heart. I'm not kidding. For many "my" recipes, I have to come to the blog or open a notebook and read it. Only for pancakes and a couple of others, I don't have to :)

It's been a while since I've reached the ideal measure, that is. the size of the ingredients. I used to make it with a little less liquid, so I would always add more water to the dough during baking, only later did I reach the ideal measure for the liquid.

The secret of perfect pancakes

The secret of perfect pancakes

In order for pancakes to be beautiful, thin, soft and stretchy, two things are important - that the dough is quite sparse and that they are baked short . This first will provide you with a good recipe, and the second is conditioned by a good pan.

Pancake pan - how to choose?

For me, so far, the only good pan is Tefal with a thick bottom. He appears under various names, ie. Tefal has several product lines in which these thicker pans are passed, but basically, it is always the same pan, with a bottom about 3-4 mm thick. I tried a couple of times in other pans to make pancakes, but it didn't go as easily and smoothly as in Tefal. Don't waste time with the pans from the market, there are a bunch of those Turkish or Chinese or leather goods now, they all look nice, but they are so bad that they should say that they are disposable. Even Tefal, the one with the thin bottom, sucks. It twists quickly and then you have a bulge in the middle, and on such a pan it is harder to spill the pancake and the baking is uneven, and they burn faster because the bottom is thin.

So, a pan with a thicker bottom is key!! When you take a frying pan, it should have weight. I mean, each one has SOME weight, but most of those pans have a small weight, they’re light as a feather. This is an almost certain sign that the pan is not of good quality. The heavier, the better.

Certainly, Tefal is not the only one that has a good pan, but in our country it is not a choice, so I stick to the one that I know does a great job for me. In my terminology it is  Tefal with a thick bottom, and they appear in the series "So intensive", formerly "So Tasty", "Resistal" and some others. In essence, there is no need to remember those names because they are constantly changing, and realistically there is no chance that you will not recognize the thicker one, if there is an ordinary one next to it. It is easily seen to be thicker, and when taken in hand, it is heavier than usual. These ordinary ones are mostly everywhere where there is Tefala, and there are not always thicker ones. The other day I went to the Home Center, and there were three varieties of those plain and one with a thicker bottom - all from Tefal.

Another way is to bring a ruler :) Tefal with a thicker bottom is about 3.5 mm thick. The latter are noticeably thinner.

How easy is it to spill a pancake

You will also recognize it by its price. It is usually around 2500 din (20 €) din, while these thinner ones are around 1800 din (15 €).

So Teflon, but quality Teflon, I've been using it for years. I replace them from time to time, when I see scratches, about once every five years.

I do not advise the so-called cream pans, ie. frying pans with ceramic coating, because they are not as durable as they appear. At least these two that I had (Delimano and Metalac) were not.

Cast iron pans ( cast iron, carbon steel ) should be great, if they have already formed their smooth, non-stick surface. I don't have any experience with them, but that is the next thing I will look to get (I measure this one !), Because they are eternal and the safest from the health aspect.

How easy is it to spill a pancake?

When the dough is kneaded according to the measurements from the recipe below - it will rarely work. That's how it should be. The thin dough will easily spread on the pan and will give thin pancakes.  I have heard countless times how pouring pancakes is a process that requires patience and training, because there are holes that need to be filled ... And in fact, only the dough was thicker than it should be.

Short baking will preserve their softness and elasticity. The pancake must fold like a curtain, never stand rigidly.

How easy is it to spill a pancake?


Pancakes with sour water?

This is a very deep-rooted myth about pancakes - that they have to be prepared with sour water in order to be good. I tried it, and I don't see any difference here, so I responsibly claim that the ratio of ingredients is far more important for good pancakes, that is. density of the mixture as well as a good pan. So, the most common tap water is quite OK, sour will not hurt, but realistically - there is no need for it.

Oil in the mixture or not?

I do not put oil in the mixture, but lightly oil the pan before pouring each pancake. I do this by pouring a little oil into one cup of black coffee, and then I take the oil out with a small metal spoon, the one that was once used to mix black coffee. Let's say it takes 4-5 times less than a regular teaspoon. When I drip oil, I spill the dough. This part is quite easy because the dough is rare.

Pancakes with holes - why do holes form?

The fire must not be too strong. I bake on a five, on a scale of one to six, sometimes I lower it to four. If the fire is strong, the pancakes get holes , and of course, they burn easier, ie they are toasted.

Pancakes with holes - why do holes form?

How long do pancakes bake?

Bake on the first side until the edges start to separate. As soon as I can turn it around, I do it. Personally, I don't prefer throwing, so I use a wide plastic grid, like the one in the first picture. I shake the pan back and forth a bit to separate the pancake from the bottom as much as possible (often the whole one separates as well), then I pull out the tool and turn it over quickly. There are also those narrower, oblong spatulas just for this purpose, and they are good. It is only important that they are made of some non-stick pan material, ie. the tools should not be metal.

On the other hand, I bake the pancake for only a few seconds, 10 maximum, just enough to get a little color. When baking, the pancake gets smaller or larger bubbles - a sign that the dough is good.

How long do pancakes bake?

Pancakes like this are wonderful and soft both the second day and the third day. You just need to protect the edges from drying, ie. cover the pancakes with plastic wrap or put the whole plate in a plastic bag. But, do it only when they have cooled completely, so that they do not burn. If they catch fire, then sometimes they want to split when separated from the crowd.

Pancake dough without lumps

A mixer is not needed to prepare the dough , because lumps are avoided in such a way that the dough is first kneaded in a density that is easy to make smoothly with a food processor, and then only diluted with the rest of the liquid. You will see below in the recipe what exactly that means, in numbers.


Pancakes are the fastest treat to prepare

Although I often hear that people hate making pancakes, because it is an action that lasts indefinitely, my experience is quite the opposite. But - I work on two pans. I invested about 2.5K din in an extra pan and I've never been home without two pieces.

When I work on two pans, I need about 20 minutes for 20 pancakes, with all the dough preparation. I really don't know what else I could prepare in 20 minutes. That's why pancakes are always an ace up my sleeve when I need to quickly make something sweet, but also when I need to honor an army of people ...

Then it's a matter of taste, opportunity, imagination, inspiration ...

Eurocrem is (unfortunately) my number one filling, so now with the addition of cherries or broken hazelnuts or ...

Ah, that with favorite flavors is a special topic I want to start with, but in short - it is very important what we ate as children, because that is what is our default today . In childhood, nothing is re-examined, but adopted with complete confidence. Therefore - what our children eat in their childhood will be their default tomorrow - and that is our responsibility.

Right behind the Eurocream on my list of favorites is an old-fashioned combination of crystal sugar and walnuts!

Furthermore, there are jam apricot  or strawberry jam or fantastic marmalade of red grapefruit .

And then the snickers mix - homemade peanut butter, homemade caramel sauce very similar to the one from Mecca and quite a bit of chopped chocolate ...

And in the salty version, they are great for me, because there really isn't that filling or hope that they can't "carry".

Here are some ideas:
- pancake lasagna
- stuffed savory pancakes
- fried pancakes with vegetables
- pancake rolls with tuna

And your favorite combination? =)

Pancakes are the fastest treat to prepare

Pancakes, basic recipe

recipe for

ingredients Ingredients:
1 egg
200 g soft white wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
225 ml milk
225 ml water a
little oil to lubricate the pan

Procedure:
1. Pour the flour, salt, egg and half of one liquid into the bowl , e.g. water. Do not add all the liquid at once - this way, when you add only about 100-120 ml of liquid in the first drink, you will knead a smooth dough without much effort, using only a cooker. If a lump remains, stir with a mixer, but there should be no need. Only when the dough is nice and without lumps, add the rest of the liquid (the other half of the water plus the whole amount of milk), on a couple of occasions, mixing with a whisk or whisk.

2. Good non-stickHeat a frying pan with a thicker bottom to 2/3 of the power of the hob. Grease the pan with a few drops of oil before pouring the dough. Grab the dough with a ladle, pour it on the pan holding it at an angle and pour. The ladles can be of various sizes, so I measured approximately how much dough for one pancake costs me - about 60-70 grams.

3. Bake on the first side until the edges start to separate. ie. until it becomes possible to tuck the tool under the pancake. Turn it on the other side of the oven for literally 10 seconds, and take it out immediately. From this measure, 9-10 pancakes are obtained on a pan with a diameter of 25 cm.

Note:
The ratio of milk and water can be different, just make a total of 450 ml of liquid.

Comments

Popular Posts